Medication Therapy Management
What is Medication Therapy Management (MTM)?
MTM is medical care provided by pharmacists that optimizes drug therapy and improves therapeutic outcomes for Medicare Part D patients with multiple conditions.
How Can It Help?
- Ensures patients take medications correctly
- Educates and empowers patients to be self-adovocates
- Enhances communication between patients and their healthcare team
- Helps lower costs of medications
How Does It Work?
- Conversation occurs between pharmacist and patient either in person or via phone
- Comprehensive medication review provided of individual’s medications
- Written or printed summary of results of review are given to patient
- Follow up interventions occur as warranted